Thursday, November 20, 2014

Life

You know, things have been super crazy on this end. Basketball has started up, finals week is coming up and I get to go home to good ole Kentucky next week for Thanksgiving with the fam bam. With everything I have to do, I haven't been on here in a long time. I try my best to get you up to date on all of the things that have gone on in the past couple of months without making this post ridiculously long.
To start, school has been super difficult this past semester. The classes I am supposed to be doing well in for my major aren't quite working out at the moment, so that has put a lot of thoughts in my mind about whether I am truly on the right path at the moment. As of right now I am on track to become a physical therapist, but is that really what God wants for me, or what I want for myself?That is a question that I have been struggling with here recently. I thought about switching to nursing, but that would push back graduating for a whole year and I really can't afford that. So now I am really struggling with what my future holds. I just have to remember whatever I decide to do, to do it all in His name.
On to basketball. This has been one of the hardest years so far for me. Since high school, I have not only lost drive, but confidence. I don't feel like the same player I was in high school. For me, it all starts with my team. This years team seems to be very different from last years. We all have our issues, the problem is, we don't seem to talk about them and face them. I am just as guilty as the next person on this. It is just easier to complain to your friends than to confront the issue head on and get it changed. We haven't gotten off to the best start, but I really do think that as the season continues we will be able to step it up and put all of the pieces together. We just need to embrace each other as players and not try to change each other.
The next thing I want to share with you all is about my best friend and how she is ALWAYS there for me through it all. She knows what to say to get me out of a bad mood and get me laughing again. She has been my friend since kindergarten, and hasn't left my side since. What blows my mind is that she doesn't even go to school with me. She is all the way back in Kentucky. Yet even though we are 5 hours apart, she is still the person I go to with any problem and that will never change! I want to end my posts with something that I am thankful, and today it is my best friend.

Keep your head up and trust in The Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment